Friday 13 February 2015

VONETS Wi-Fi Bridge VAP11G - 64-bit Windows problem


I’ve recently bought VONETS Wi-Fi Bridge VAP11G.
It lets you connect LAN device (i.e. printer with LAN port) through wi-fi with your router and use it in the network. I planned to use it with my old printer hidden in the wardrobe :)



The installation process ran ok, but VAP11G_SETUP.EXE was displayed on the processes list in Windows Task Manager, but it didn't work.

After searching Vonet’s support page, I have found that setup program do not support 64-bit Windows! It is compatible with 32-bit Vista and Win7 only.

Fortunately I have found solution, which works for me.


  1. Uninstall WinPcap and VAP11G_setup (Start - Control Panel – Programs - …).
  2. Download:
    1. WinPcap 4.1.3 - LINK
    2. VAP11G_Setup_5.0.30.4 - LINK
  3. Install WinPcap first, then VAP11G_Setup_5.0.30.4 (it will tell you that WinPcap installation will be aborted, as you have aleready installed the proper version).
  4. Restart your Windows
  5. Disconnect you Wi-Fi (click the icon in the tray next to the system clock, select your SSID and click disconnect)
  6. Connect VAP11G to your computer via LAN and USB ports – you should notice that orange led in VAP11G is blinking now
  7. Go to the WinPcap folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\WinPcap) and run “rpcapd.exe” – you will see a black window with some information – leave it opened and DO NOT press Ctrl+C !
  8. Now you can run VAP11G_Setup from your desktop and follow the original instruction
If you see some errors just ignore them and try again. Some steps are possible to do in 3rd or 4th attempt.


If you found it useful, please consider some donation ;)

30 comments:

  1. thanks ... works fine. also with windows 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a another work around. Installed WinXP in vmware workstation and birdged the guest ethernet interface to host ethernet interface. Connected vonet's LAN cable to host ethernet interface. USB devices work as passthrough in vmware. The setup ran fine in guest winxp and it configured vonet device without any issue. Blue lights are blinking! =)

    Wasif Basharat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Works nice for me. Thanks man

    ReplyDelete
  4. Work Excelent thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didnt work for me! I got this Error message "Error:NIC not found" ..
    what to do??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didnt work for me! I got this Error message "Error:NIC not found" ..
    what to do??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! Works. I needed to turn on and off the VAP11G after step 8, as it wasn't appearing in the list, but worked perfect after that. Thanks for uploading this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. worked fine on windows 8 x86
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funciona perfectamente en cualquier sistema configurando desde un navegador web, enchufas el RJ45 y conectas el USB. Pones la ip 192.168.254.254 con el usuario y contraseña "admin" (esta informacion viene en la parte de abajo del VAP11G)y una vez dentro localizas tu red y le pones la contraseña, guardas y listo!! . Yo lo intente de mil formas con el software de la marca pero no funcionaba

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANX! WORKED FOR ME!
    Win10 x64

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm on windows 10 64 bits, but in the "choose wifi network" window, no wifi network is listed!

    Also, if I try to manually configure it, in the last part, after "saving wifi config", I get this message "Save config Failed".

    Any help?? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. work work work work work work :D
    Perfekt !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can someone copy the disc and upload it so I can get it. I lost the disc and now I can't get anything from my vonets vap11g. Only green light and my computer doesn't recognise anything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can someone copy the disc and upload it so I can get it. I lost the disc and now I can't get anything from my vonets vap11g. Only green light and my computer doesn't recognise anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just download the programms as mentioned in this blog (links are included and 'live), that's all you need!

      Delete
  16. Just followed the complete procedure on a Windows 10 64-bits computer:
    First time run: PERFECT!
    I'm soooooo happy........

    ReplyDelete
  17. gracias funciona perfecto

    ReplyDelete
  18. Briliant :-) good work ( work state czech republic )

    ReplyDelete
  19. SUPER GENIAL YO ENSAYE CON TODO Y NADA AHORA YA TENGO EL INCONO TODO FUE SUPER FACIL QUE BUEN PRO GRACIAS ESTOY FELIZ .SUPER JE SUIS TRES CONTENT JE ESSAYE PLUSIEURS FOIS ET RIEN JE TELECHARGE LUSIEURS PROGRAMAS ET RIEN JE PENSE LE VENDRE MAIS MERCI A TOI CE SUPER GENTIL DE VOTRA PART MERCI MERCI MERCI

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wrong result, Vonets VAP11G on my Vaio with Win10 64bit can’t be find

    ReplyDelete
  21. After searching many tutorial I found this video and it is working to solve no internet access in windows 10 https://youtu.be/dO-wuGKjvaQ

    ReplyDelete
  22. Храни тебя бог, басурманин!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just wanted to say thank you. It works. Need a little patience but the program boots up eventually and type in the ip add into the browser and up pops the configurator. you are a star!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice one, thank you also. Amazing to see how many folks your post has helped over more than 6 years. Jacek, Thank you. This got my VAP11G configured on Win10/64, saved me trying to find some old XP box

    ReplyDelete